Cook Brothers Construction
Grey Lynn, Auckland
Starting from humble beginnings in Dunedin, Cook Brothers Construction has grown substantially over the last eighteen years. We currently operate across Southern Lakes, Canterbury, Otago and Auckland.
We enjoy celebrating our success and believe it is important we do so. Our team, and our projects are a testament to the hard work and commitment over this time.
Our goal is to inspire people more than to manage them. We trust our teams to do what they think is best for Cook Brothers Construction, giving them lots of freedom to make the best decisions for the company at that time.
Through innovation, quality, client satisfaction and sustainability, we strive to be a national leader in our industry, we believe our team is the heart and soul of us achieving this!
If you want to be a part of this journey, then this role is for you.
As a Commercial Manager at Cook Brothers Construction in Auckland, you will be at the forefront of our projects, managing and optimising commercial aspects to ensure the successful delivery of projects. Your role will involve collaborating with internal and external stakeholders, negotiating contracts, and leveraging your extensive Quantity Surveyor expertise to drive cost-effective solutions.
- Advising Regional Manager and Senior Leaders on transactional and contractual matters.
- Managing commercial risks and reporting.
- Overseeing cost control, cash flow, and budgeting.
- Conducting forecasting and reporting.
- Handling subtrade packages, tenders, and pricing assistance.
- Evaluating progress claims and variations.
- Building relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborating with Quantity Surveyors on challenges and opportunities.
Qualifications, experiences and skills:
- 10+ years' experience on New Zealand commercial projects
- Experience with a Main Contractor.
- Proven ability to build relationships with diverse clients.
- Relevant diploma/degree.
- Expertise in preparing high-quality tenders.
- Successful cost management throughout project life cycles.
- Strong Commercial Acumen and knowledge of Construction Law.
- Exceptional work ethic.
- Most Importantly – Ability to work well within a team and have a good sense of humour
- Flexible working options
- Health insurance
- Development through our in-house Sports Psychologist, Software Trainers etc.
- Career and personal development highly encouraged and supported
- Work with a supportive and high performing team
- Good work/life balance
- Positive company culture
- Social club
- Exciting projects both currently and in the future
- Competitive salary + vehicle + laptop + phone
- Performance bonus
- Free access to EAP Services
- Equal Opportunities Employer & Diversity Works Member
Please send your cv to Oliver Winter, E: email@example.com
Enter multiple emails separated with a semi-colon (;).