Membership fees 1 April 2022
||NZ Fees (incl GST)
||International Fees (no GST)
|Member for over 50 years
GST on membership fees
Fees for New Zealand members include GST. International members do not pay GST.
If your membership lapsed because you didn’t pay your Membership fee, you will need to pay a re-joining fee of 20% of your former membership category. We will invoice you for the re-joining fee which must be paid before your membership application is processed.
How to Pay
- Log in to the Members Self Service Portal
- Click 'My Invoices'
- Tick the 'Pay Invoice' box next to the amount you wish to pay and then click the 'Pay Now' button
- Click 'Complete Payment' button
- The Payment Express page will appear. Select your payment method and complete the required details then click 'Submit'
- Once your payment has been authorised click 'Next'. This will return you to your Member Self Service Portal. Please remember to click 'Finish' in order for the payment to be fully accepted. Your payment receipt will then be automatically emailed to the email address on your account.
New Zealand based NZIQS members can now pay their membership subscriptions by Direct Debit.
Direct Debit – How it works
A direct debit (DD) is an electronic payment service which allows the automatic transfer of funds directly from your bank account to the NZIQS bank account. NZIQS direct debits are deducted on a Thursday on a fortnightly payment plan. You can pay off your subscription in either five or ten payments. By completing a Direct Debit form you authorise NZIQS to take the agreed payments from your nominated bank account.
The following banks provide a direct debit service:
- Citibank N.A.
If your bank is not listed above, we are unable to set up a DD for you.
If you would like to set up a direct debit authority contact email@example.com
Career Break Policy
If you take leave from work for at least 6 months, then you can apply for a reduction in your membership fees.
Your career break may be for parental leave, or you might be taking care of your own, or family member’s health. You may be unemployed, gone back to studying full-time, doing voluntary work overseas or in other circumstances that we may consider.
While you are on a career break, you’ll receive all your usual membership benefits to keep you up to date with what’s happening in the profession, such as receiving newsletters, attending events at reduced member rates, using the Member Benefit App and login access to the website.
Read the NZIQS Career Break Policy for more information and how to apply.