NZIQS has branches in Auckland, Wellington, Canterbury and Otago. Local committees also organise activities in other areas throughout New Zealand.
The role of the branches is to:
- organise local seminars, site visits and social functions
- liaise with other industry groups in their area.
- arrange for interviews for new MNZIQS members in their areas
- organise mentoring schemes for students
- appoint a board member to represent them at the Institute’s Council
Each branch is run by a board of members. They are elected at the Branch Board AGM each year.
The Auckland branch covers the areas north of and including Rotorua and Whakatane. Local committees organise events in Hamilton and Tauranga.
Auckland Branch Chairman: Heidi van Eeden
Auckland Branch Secretary: Sam Steven
Waikato Contact: Anita Crowe
Tauranga Contact: Martin Bisset
The Canterbury branch covers the area from Cook Strait in the north to the Waitaki River in the south. A local committee organises events in Nelson.
Canterbury Branch Chairman: Stewart Harrison
Canterbury Branch Secretary: Chris Andis
Nelson Contact: Rua Sargent
The Otago branch covers the area south of the Waitaki River. Local committees organise events in Dunedin, Queenstown and Invercargill.
Otago Branch Chairman: James Young
Otago Branch Secretary: Zach Pronk
Queenstown Contact: Neil Gough
Invercargill Contact: Richard Smith