NZIQS has branches in Auckland, Wellington, Canterbury, Otago and Regional.
The role of the branches is to:
- organise local seminars, site visits and social functions
- liaise with other industry groups in their area.
- arrange for interviews for new MNZIQS members in their areas
- organise mentoring schemes for students
- appoint a member to represent them at the Institute’s Board
Each branch is run by a committee of members. They are elected at the Branch Annual Meeting each year.
The Auckland branch covers the areas north of and including Rotorua and Whakatane. Local committees organise events in Hamilton and Tauranga.
Auckland Branch Chair: Natalie Beeson
Auckland Branch Secretary:
The Wellington branch covers the rest of the North Island. Local committees organise events in the Hawkes Bay, Palmerston North and New Plymouth.
Wellington Branch Chair: Bevan Hartley
Wellington Branch Secretary: Bernie Pitt
The Canterbury branch covers the area from Cook Strait in the north to the Waitaki River in the south. A local committee organises events in Nelson.
Canterbury Branch Chair: Tom Chatterton
Canterbury Branch Secretary: Danni Platt
The Otago branch covers the area south of the Waitaki River. Local committees organise events in Dunedin, Queenstown and Invercargill.
Otago Branch Chair: Stefan Thorburn
Otago Branch Secretary: Campbell Liddell