NZIQS has branches in Auckland, Wellington, Canterbury and Otago. Local committees also organise activities in other areas throughout New Zealand.
The role of the branches is to:
- organise local seminars, site visits and social functions
- liaise with other industry groups in their area.
- arrange for interviews for new MNZIQS members in their areas
- organise mentoring schemes for students
- appoint a board member to represent them at the Institute’s Council
Each branch is run by a board of members. They are elected at the Branch Board AGM each year.