How To Apply
New and Re-Joining Members
You will be asked to log in to this Members Only Page. You can update your contact details when applying.
Forgotten your password? - reset your password here
Don’t have a Member login? - create one here
Membership close off dates Notification dates
Monday 15 Jun Friday 17 Jul
Monday 03 Aug Friday 04 Sept
Monday 28 Sept Friday 30 Oct
Monday 16 Nov Friday 18 Dec
If you were previously a member of the institute you will need to complete a new application
If your membership lapsed because you didn't pay a fee, you will need to pay the re-joining fee. We will advise you if you need to pay a re-joining fee of $60 before your membership application can be processed.
Associate membership is no longer available. If you were previously an Associate member then you will be reinstated as a MNZIQS.
You may need to provide the following information when upgrading your membership to Affiliate, Graduate or MNZIQS. We recommend that you gather these documents and add them in to your file directory on your computer so you can upload the documents when applying online.
- Evidence of your completed qualifications (make sure you highlight in detail your QS work experience)
- Evidence of membership of another QS institute
- For MNZIQS applicants:
- reference letter from a NZIQS member or senior work colleague/employer, written within the last 6 months
- names and contact details of two referees
Applying online is the quickest and easiest way to apply for membership. However if you want to apply in writing:
- download the relevant application form:
How We Process Applications
- We'll write confirming your application, and give you an indication of when the NZIQS Council will consider your application.
- Student-Studying applications are approved by our office, usually within 2 weeks.
- The NZIQS Membership Committee meets at least every 8 weeks to consider applications and decide which membership category to recommend for approval by Council.
- You will be notified of their decision shortly after their meeting.
- When you have paid your subscription we will send you a membership certificate
If you're applying for a full membership to MNZIQS, you will be contacted to attend a MNZIQS interview conducted by a panel from your local branch.
Once your membership has been accepted you will receive an invoice for the membership category fee, pro rated for the remaining financial year (to 31 March).
Current members need to have paid their subscriptions before they can apply for any upgrade of membership and will be invoiced for the additional membership category fee pro-rated for the months remaining of the current financial year (to 31 March).