4. It is a condition of your membership that you abide by the Institute’s Constitution and Rules.
5. You agree to be governed by the Institute's Code of Practice and Professional Conduct
6. Your membership starts on the date of the Institute Council meeting that approved your membership status
7. Membership is for the Institute year which runs from 1 April to 31 March.
8. You understand that your membership classification will be determined by the Institute Council.
9. The Institute has the absolute right to decline membership and you understand this application is subject to approval by the Institute’s Council.
Payment of Subscription
10. You agree to pay your annual subscription within 3 months of the start of the Institute financial year
11. Memberships approved after 1 May will pay a pro-rated subscription for the remainder of that year.
12. You may terminate your membership by giving us notice in writing at any time. This will take effect from the date of the next Council meeting that approves your resignation.
13. No refund of your membership fee or any part thereof will be made in any case of termination of your membership.
14. We may terminate your membership with immediate effect in accordance with the provisions relating to this in the Institute’s Constitution and Rules.
Your personal information
15. All information held on our records relating to a member is confidential and shall only be used in relation to the services provided by the Institute
16. You consent to disclosure of relevant information entered in this application to the NZIQS Council, it’s committees, Branch Boards and to other members when relevant; and to organisations or persons when necessary for Institute business
17. If applying for, or hold, Student (Studying) membership you agree that we may contact the tertiary provider you are attending to confirm you are currently enrolled as a student in the course you have stated in your application.
18. You are aware of your rights under the Privacy Act 1993 to have access to this information and to request correction of this information by contacting the Institute office.
19. You will keep your contact details and any other personal information up to date through our website member log in facility. Otherwise by contacting the Institute office.
20. From time to time, the Institute will communicate with you electronically, by email, phone or by other means regarding events, activities, opportunities, benefits of membership, surveys and the like. You agree to receive these messages as part of your membership. You may opt out of email communications.
Changes to these terms
21. We may make additions or changes to these terms on the giving of reasonable notice, where we reasonably consider it necessary to do so. If the addition or change is to your detriment, you may, within 21 days of us giving you notice of the addition or change, terminate your membership under clause 12.