NZIQS Waikato Expressway Hamilton Section Site Visit
Your opportunity to attend this exclusive visit and drive along the Hamilton Section of the $600 million roading upgrade in the Waikato region. Meet at the site office to be briefed by the Chief Operating Officer of the development including an explanation of the infrastructure and scale of this unique project. You will then be escorted in mini vans for a drive along the section of the motorway that is currently under construction.
Some facts about the Hamilton section of the expressway
- 21.8km long four-lane median divided highway
- estimated $973 million design and construction cost
- the biggest roading project undertaken in the Waikato
- project will pass to the south and east of Hamilton and include five interchanges and 17 bridges
- the project is estimated to require 4 million cubic metres of earthworks, 1.3 million tonnes of aggregate and up to 1 million square metres of OGPA the quiet road surface
Learn more about the project here
NZIQS members can 1 CPD point and they are free to attend
Non members are $20 per person
Register for this site visit here
As this is a civil site there are strict PPE requirements, anyone without the following PPE will not be allowed on site.
Hard hat, safety shoes, safety glasses, long pants and long sleeve shirt/top