Cook Brothers Construction
Auckland, Christchurch, Dunedin, Queenstown or Wanaka
Starting from humble beginnings, Cook Brothers Construction has grown substantially over the last eighteen years. A national commercial construction company with offices in Queenstown, Wanaka, Canterbury, Otago and Auckland.
We enjoy celebrating our success and believe it is important we do so. Our team, and our projects are a testament to the hard work and commitment over this time.
Our goal is to inspire people more than to manage them. We trust our teams to do what they think is best for Cook Brothers Construction, giving them lots of freedom to make the best decisions for the company at that time.
Through innovation, quality, client satisfaction and sustainability, we strive to be a national leader in our industry, we believe our team is the heart and soul of us achieving this!
Short Profile of job:
As a Senior Commercial Estimator reporting to the National Pre-Construction Manager, you will play a pivotal role in our pre-construction process. You will be responsible for providing robust cost planning estimates, feasibilities, and contract management. We are flexible on location: Otago, Southern Lakes, Auckland or Canterbury.
You will utilise your strong stakeholder management and communication skills to maintain positive internal and external relationships.
- Prepare tenders for projects ranging in size from $500K to $30M+
- Measure and price builder's quantities
- Manage tender documentation
- Build Strong Industry Relationships
- Source Trade partner and supplier quotes
- Analyse data relating to land, buildings or construction
- Follow due diligence in interpreting the cost implications of tender documentation
Qualifications, experiences and skills:
- Bachelor of Construction Management (Quantity Surveyor – Construction Economics advantageous) or related field
- A minimum of 5 years post-graduation commercial construction cost estimating experience
- Experience measuring diverse projects from new builds to fit-outs
- Familiarity with various estimating and project software systems
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- In-depth knowledge of construction industry best practices and the latest market trends and pricing.
To apply, contact Olivia Winter.
T: 022 019 2015
Enter multiple emails separated with a semi-colon (;).