Quantity Surveyor - 3 roles available
Auckland, Christchurch & Queenstown
You will work closely with the project team, subcontractors and key project stakeholders managing all commercial concepts, practices and procedures from project commencement through to completion. You must have a good understanding of commercial contract law, drafting subcontract agreements, assessing payment claims and variations, enforcing adherence to contractual terms and risk management. The position will also involve junior and peer mentoring to ensure development and skill transfer within the business.
At Brosnan Construction we firmly believe that a strong company culture is critical to ensuring a consistency to the way in which we approach and deliver our daily work. Ours is built around three key pillars of Relationships, Integrity, and Leadership. Our culture is one of 'making a positive difference' in all aspects of the business.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Forensic analysis of contract documents, budgets, estimates and subcontractor quotations.
· Reviewing contract terms and conditions to ensure contractual adherence and protection of risk.
· Negotiating favourable outcomes with clients, subcontractors and suppliers.
· Risk management and problem solving.
· Procurement of subcontractors.
· Compiling Subcontract agreements
· Assessing payment claims and variations.
· Measuring, estimating, and valuing variation claims.
· Establishing rates from first principles.
· Compiling and submission of variation claims.
· Mentoring junior quantity surveyors.
· Monthly cost reporting and accurate cost forecasting.
· Managing relationships with clients and key project stakeholders.
Must have Intermediate to Senior Quantity Surveying experience in Commercial Construction Diploma or degree in Quantity Surveying or Construction Management
Contact Ali Hatam
Enter multiple emails separated with a semi-colon (;).