Part Time/Full Time
Are you a QS who is interested in landscaping or residential construction? We are seeking an QS for a family run friendly landscaping company, who pride themselves on their strong values. We are interested in receiving applicants from a variety of backgrounds as long as you are interested in landscaping and a keen learner.
Ace Landscapes are a team of passionate landscapers, ready to turn your dream into a reality. Whether it be an extension of your patio, a special courtyard or landscaping your dream lifestyle block, the Team have the skills and experience to realise your dreams.
ROD & JAN FROST
Rod and Jan as directors run Ace Landscapes making sure the jobs are running smoothly, liaising with suppliers, keeping up with the latest research and products available to the Landscape Industry. Jan along with the office ladies look after the accounts and assists with keeping everything running like a well-oiled machine. When they get a day off, they are most likely on the water diving or fishing, or on their dirt bikes, otherwise they could be assisting the Papakura Coastguard of which they are both active volunteers.
OUR MISSION AND VISION
Ace Landscapes is a leading landscape company driven by a team of committed, positive and successful people who are always striving to be balanced, integrated and honest while providing high quality landscape services to our customers.
We will treat our customer with integrity and respect, first considering our customer’s needs and requirements then fulfilling those requirements with the best materials and workmanship possible. We will educate our customers on the features, benefits and value of our products rather than sell on price.
We will seek to build and maintain lasting relationships with our customers so that we can best serve their landscape requirements on an ongoing basis.
Our vision is to be known by our customers as a reputable business delivering quality, consistency and reliable products and service to our valued customers.
OUR FIVE GUARANTEES
1. Kept Informed: You know what is happening on your job with clear communication which saves you stress.
2. Left Clean: When your project is finished we leave the site cleaner than when we started.
3. Fixed Price: What we quote you will be what you are charged upon completion so there are no expensive surprises!
4. Value for Money: You get true value for your money because our staff are highly experienced and skilled and we have access to a wide variety of the best products available.
5. Timely: We understand that your time is important therefore we keep to our appointments.
The Quantity Surveyor quotes and estimates landscaping jobs and visits sites as appropriate being involved in projects from start to the end including some procurement of product - ensuring at all times that the high standard of Ace Landscapes is kept above all else. Depending on the experience of the applicant, this role may also include minimizing costs of projects and enhancing value for money.
Providing timely and accurate schedules of material and labour costs to complete jobs Reading and understanding plans Depending on applicant experience, may also include: Coordinating materials in liaison with the project manager Assists in procurement and problem solving providing alternative plant products.
The ideal candidate is interested in landscaping and has some Quantity Surveyor experience or training. A formal qualification is not required, and we are open to junior candidates. We are happy to teach and train advance skills as long as there is an interest in landscaping.
You will be detail oriented, accurate, have excellent communication and proficient with Microsoft Excel. What’s in it for you? Local family run values based company Flexible working hours Fast growing company Competitive salary package Supportive working environment
Qualifications, experiences and skills: Skills & Knowledge
• Previous experience with landscaping
• Knowledge of landscaping methods and materials
• The ability to read and interpret building plans
• Skill estimating landscaping, material and labour costs
• Maths and basic accounting skills
• Some computer-aided design (CAD) skills.
Useful experience includes:
• Previous experience with quoting landscaping an asset
• Previous experience with landscape design an asset
• Any formal qualifications an asset
• Any labour work such as labouring on construction or landscaping sites
• work involving calculations and accounting
• Good at planning and organizing
• Ethical and honest
• Enquiring and able to think creatively
• Able to work well under pressure.
• A good working knowledge of MS Excel and the ability to learn how to use specialist software
• Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills
• The ability to negotiate
• Attention to detail and a methodical approach to work
• The ability to persuade and motivate others
• Problem-solving skills
• The ability to analyse information and data and be comfortable with data
• Drive and self-motivation
• Commercial awareness
• Analyzing Information , Estimating, Planning, Reporting Research Results, Data Center Experience, Strategic Planning, Attention to Detail, Informing Others, Requirements Analysis
The person you are expected to be:
Live the values of Ace Landscape
A keen and ready learner
A great question asker
A person who speaks positively with good intent
A team player
Honest, reliable and cheerful
Involvement and inclusion in development of systems and technology
For more information or to apply Leanne Polglaze
P 09 299 3485
Applications close Wednesday 31st July 2019
Enter multiple emails separated with a semi-colon (;).